jesus, take the wheel. now put it in first - no, put the clutch in and - jesus, what the fuck, you said you could drive stick
- MRD Foot, S.O.E.: An outline history of the special operations executive 1940 - 46
Quote because I am fed up with people saying that a Word War Two era fic cannot be historically accurate if people are accepting of a gay relationship. This was a guy’s superiors being accepting of a gay affair with the enemy. Sure, this account shows that there were ‘ardent heterosexuals’ who wanted to clear that sort of thing out altogether, so if you want to write angst, you can; but if you want to write a couple of gay (or bi) characters carving out an accepting space for themselves, then you can do so and be historically accurate.
And before anyone says that this is some revisionist history - MRD Foot was born in 1919, and served with the SAS in the second war, parachuting into occupied France after D-Day. This book was written some decades after the war, but it was written by someone who was there on the front lines, and would know as well as anyone the prevailing attitudes of the time.
(Incidentally, one of the SOE’s cover names was the Inter-Services Research Bureau, which is rather redolent of the Strategic Scientific Reserve)
Speaketh you of THIS MAN?
Because this man is Tyler Hoechlin. His beauty is all-encompassing and unrelenting.
For example, you can:
- be in a shampoo commercial
- start a boy band:
- spot some choice booty:
- break into song:
- see some people in frankly offensive outfits:
- attend a metal show:
- listen to some sick jams:
- discover zombieism:
- sample some tasty snacks:
- watch someone get burned bad:
- find something you really like:
- find something you really, really like:
- find something you REALLY REALLY LIKE:
- and wonder if you left the stove on: